The list of 30 Best Restaurants in Lithuania was announced by the Academy of Good Food (Gero maisto akademija). The best restaurant in the country this year – the restaurant in Vilnius “Džiaugsmas”, chef Martynas Praškevičius.
1. Džiaugsmas (Vilnius), Martynas Praškevičius
2. Monai (Klaipėda), Vytautas Samavičius
3. Sweet Root (Vilnius), Justinas Misius
4. Gastronomika (Vilnius), Liutauras Čeprackas
5. Šturmų švyturys (Vilnius, Ventės ragas), Česlovas Žemaitis
6. La Esperanza (Trakų rajonas), Justinas Kapkovičius
7. Amandus (Vilnius), Deivydas Praspaliauskas
8. Dine (Vilnius), Donatas Šatkauskas
9. SOMM (Vilnius), Mindaugas Saulis
10. Gaspar’s (Vilnius), Gasparas Fernandesas
11. Nüman (Kaunas), D. J. Pennell, D. Kaupas, P. Zuoza, K. Liukaitytė
12. Apvalaus stalo klubas (Trakai)
13. Monte Pacis (Kaunas), Rokas Vasiliauskas
14. Momo Grill (Klaipėda), Valdas Anusevičius, Vytautas Samavičius
15. Saint Germain (Vilnius), Gediminas Švenčionis
16. Da Antonio (Vilnius), Dmitrijus Babenko
17. Ertlio namas (Vilnius), Tomas Rimydis
18. Ti’ana (Vilnius), Jaroslavas Girdzijevskis
19. Nerija (Nida), Jonas Bilotas, Klaudijus Urbonas, Lukas Makarevičius
20. Böff (Vilnius), Mheras Gevorkjanas
21. Selfish (Vilnius), Tadas Vibrantis
22. Uoksas (Kaunas), Artūras Naidenko
23. Stikliai (Vilnius), Linas Bražinskas
24. Ieti (Kaunas), Inga Turminienė
25. Telegrafas (Vilnius), Vytautas Alekna
26. Palanga (Palanga), Raimundas Dambrauskas
27. MEAT (Vilnius ir Nida), Artūras Butkūnas
28. El Mercado (Vilnius), Martynas Maciulevičius
29. Sofa de Pancho (Vilnius ir Nida), Vitalis Čižauskas
30. Velvetti (Druskininkai), Snieguolė, Remigijus Žižiai
The chefs of as many as eight restaurants in Vilnius, Kaunas and Klaipėda woke up as part of the Baltic cream of the crop following the reputable Scandinavian White Guide 2018 evaluations of restaurants that happened for the second time now in our country. Eight from fifteen restaurants evaluated in Lithuania made it to the Baltic top 30 restaurants, with Nüman in Kaunas reaching the third place
Uoksas ranked 30th, Džiaugsmas (Joy) – 20th, Monai (Tricks) – 15th, Telegrafas (Telegraph) – 11th, Monte Pacis – 10th, Gastronomika (Gastronomy) – 8th, and Sweet Root – 7th.
“When the White Guide was brought to Lithuania last year, in cooperation with Kaunas IN and GO Vilnius, their well-established and reputable experts showed some surprise as regards the quality and character of our restaurants. White Guide rankings, known otherwise as Scandinavian Michelins, are very much sought after, and thus very much appreciated by our restaurants and the country itself to that matter. Actually, the restaurant boom has not subsided as yet. And the gastronomic tourism may well promote Lithuania as a tourism destination, while serving as one of its major attractions”, says Indrė Trakimaitė-Šeškuvienė, Acting Head of the State Department of Tourism.
A White Guide 2018 website with the list of all restaurants ranked was presented in Tallinn on 29 November. This year’s evaluation covered 15 Lithuanian restaurants (10 last year) (by number of points granted): Nüman (Kaunas), Sweet Root (Vilnius), Gastronomika (Vilnius), Monte Pacis (Kaunas), Telegrafas (Vilnius), Monai (Klaipėda), Džiaugsmas (Vilnius), Uoksas (Kaunas), SOMM (Vilnius), Dublis (Vilnius), Gaspar’s (Vilnius), Amandus (Vilnius), Buceris (Vilnius), Lauro Lapas (Vilnius) and Šturmų švyturys (Vilnius ir Ventės Ragas).
In addition to the printed guide and the website www.whiteguide-nordic.com, “White Guide” ratings are available in the app.
The “White Guide” was launched in 2005. The guide earned the trust and recognition of gourmets and in 2018 it provides ratings and recommendations of as many as 325 restaurants in Denmark (including the Faroe Islands and Greenland), Sweden, Norway, Iceland, and Finland as well as 60 restaurants in Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania.