Sculptor: Stanislovas Kuzma, Vytautas Navickas. 1973
During the medieval ages, Vilnius was encircled by a wall which building was started in 1503 by the city dwellers seeking to protect against themselves imminent Tatar attacks. One of the nine city gates where guards were constantly on duty was at the intersection of Trakai and Pylimas streets. At the beginning of the 20th century, before World War II, there was St. Cristopher’s sculpture in this niche.
More: Vilnius Talking Statues