Rasos cemetery is the oldest in the city of Vilnius, founded in 1801. Later, columbaria and neo-gothic chapel (arch. T.Tišeckis) were built in the cemetery.
It is separated into two parts, the old and the new cemeteries, by Sukilėliai Street. The total area is 10.8 ha. The cemetery is situated on Ribiškės hills.
Famous people were buried in this cemetery: J.Basanavičius, P.Vileišis, M.K.Čiurlionis, P.Višinskis, J.Lelevelis, J. and M.Šlapeliai. The heart of J. Pilsudski was buried here. The cemetery is also a place of rest of his mother.